Flame Effect Permitting Process
1. Fire artist fills out the flame effect form as completely as possible.
2. Fire artist submits a drawing showing all of the components of the system, materials, and
3. FAST reviews each and may contact the artist for additional info.
4. The FAST team invites the artist to bring the piece to scorched! If they are not invited, they
let the artist know what they can do in order to be invited next year.
5. Once onsite, the artist sets up the flame effect. They then contact the GATE or ranger to let
FAST know they are ready for inspection. The art piece should be completely set up to
performing a test. DO NOT IGNITE THE PIECE PRIOR TO FAST GIVING PERMISSION
6. FAST meets with the artist to go over the art piece to ensure it is constructed safely and of
appropriate materials. They will also inspect the fuel storage area, as well as the general
site for the art piece for safety concerns. If they approve of the setup the art piece it is lit
to check functionality and approval is given. If it is not initially approved, FAST will coach
the artist in how to make changes to be approved (if possible). The artist will then
reschedule an inspection to approve the piece.
At any time before or after approval, FAST/the Org can shut the art
piece down in due to safety, security, site, or property damage. The
art piece will remain offline until given permission by FAST/the Org to
For questions, or more information, please email FAST@scorchednuts.com