(Application Deadline 12/1/19)
Art (Team of 3-4)
- Create, promote and manage initial calls outs and submissions for Effigy, Temple and General Art Grants.
- Manage a team of people to plan and execute the Art Grant Fundraiser including PR needs
- Work with the event leads to select the Temple and Effigy design
- Act as a point of contact for all art-related questions both funded and non-funded.
- Work with artists and Placement for maximum effect.
Conclave (Team of 1-2)
- Conduct a daily meeting explaining spinning safety and policies and issue wristbands upon completion
- Work with the fire safety and effigy teams to lead the Conclave Saturday evening.
- Be a resource for those not in the know on all teams regarding spinner safety.
DMV (Team of 1-2)
- Manage the pre-event registration and communication
- Certify Vehicles onsite
Event Lead Shadow
- Interested in life behind the curtain? Want to play a much larger role in managing the burn but want to try it out first? This position will spend the first year as a shadow/helper and the second year in a larger role.
Gate (Team of 2-4)
- This team is responsible for verifying tickets, checking ID, and completing waivers as well as directing participants both old and new into the venue in a safe fashion.
- Due to an increase in participants, this team will run 24/7 from Gate open till Saturday at 4pm. 2 Leads and several shift leads will be needed to make this happen. Gate can become a destination for both those entering the event and those already in the event. Think outside the box!
Spark (Team of 2-4) (Formerly Greeters and VAG)
- This team works to welcome people home. They provide specific directions, share the joy of the 10 Principles and make sure newbies start off on the right foot.
- Group one will manage the static location and greet everyone as they come in.
- Group two will manage outreach into the larger burn with things like the Virgin Safari and general principle education.
Lamp Lighters (Team of 1-2)
- Assess the inventory and create a budget for repair and purchases.
- Clean and restore any existing lanterns and verify they are all in working order.
- Place lanterns by start of the event
- Make sure all lanterns are working each night and conduct repair/refueling as needed.
- Collect all lanterns and hooks for pack out Monday.
Leave No Trace (Team of 1-2)
- Work with participants during the event to reduce the overall Moop
- Work with the artist on any burnable pieces to clean up any metal or other debris.
- This position should be the last person off site on Tuesday Morning to verify there is no trace left.
Lot of Lines-LOL (Team of 2)
- Be the keeper of the Lines in the parking area. Set up on Wednesday morning and assist with shifts Thursday to help reduce the abstract art in the parking area.
Placement (Team of 1-2)
- Be the main contact for Theme Camps via email and form response.
- Work with the Event leads to identify optimal placement for camps and art pieces based on size, sound and other needs.
- Be on-site Tuesday to lay out placement and be available via radio until Friday for placement questions and issue.
Rangers (Team of 2-4)
- Rangers assist with conflict resolution through non-confrontational mediation, not through authority. They also play an integral part in response to any medical, fire or LEO emergencies.
- The team has sober volunteers who continually walk the event in pairs, keeping an eye out and communicating any serious emergencies.
- This position will manage the teams focusing on: Providing information and serve as a community communications conduit. Prevent vehicles from endangering pedestrians, bicyclists and campsites. Maintain safety perimeters and scene control as needed. Address and report any instances of non-consensual acts.
Scorched Public Works (Team of 2-4)
- SPW is responsible for building or organizing the building of all structures including Gate and setting up other infrastructure items onsite, as well as assisting as needed with Effigy and Temple build.
- Public works is also responsible for the receipt, distribution and clean up of the firewood delivery as well as restocking TP in the portos as needed.
- At the end of the event, this team is responsible for assisting in the tear down of any infrastructure.
- This would be a great position for two or three people to split as pre-event(Tues-Thurs), event(Thurs-Mon) and post event(Mon-Tues).
Shuttle (Team of 2)
- The Shuttle Team Leads help make sure all the oncoming drivers are familiar with open camping locations as well as driving rules.
- During peak hours, the lead may have access to a second cart to assist with transport.